Full-Time Network Security Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Network Security Engineer
Ensure the availability and integrity of the Security of Convergys Corporate Data Network enabling end users to securely access data resources needed to perform job functions. Perform data network security resources administration and maintenance along with data network security equipment installation. Receive; analyze; monitor and resolve network problems in accordance with published Service Level Agreements. Consult with project management; clients and vendors for new business campaigns; potential strategic partnerships and product service offerings.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities:
- Assist in maintaining Convergys Corporate Security infrastructures
- Assures the security, health and stability of the data network through effective project management, technical reviews and change control
- Configure, install, maintain, troubleshoot, and support Network Security equipment to include, but not limited to, Firewalls, IDP’s, Wireless AP, Load Balancers, Remote Access, VPN’s, NTP, DNS, Email Gateways, ACS.
- Contribute to establishing and documenting hardware installations of Firewalls, IDPs, Loadbalancers, Wireless, etc.
- Document Network Security environment and ensure updates are made to appropriate network management systems.
- Assists in monitoring and adjusting Network Security performance, as necessary, to insure Network Security integrity and performance
- Assist in implementing Corporate Network Security strategies.
- Assist in maintaining an accurate inventory of all Network Security hardware and software.
- Coordinate network hardware/software implementation with Business Units and clients to ensure limited impact to production network through appropriate change control procedures.
- Coordinate installation, maintenance and order activities with vendors.
- Manage projects to install and maintain secure connections between CVG and customers (including Firewalls and IDP’s).
- Install and provide hands-on support of customer owned equipment.
- Provide hardware support duties of a Technician as required.
Career Level Description:
5+ Year of Experience in Network Security
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Note: Cisco or Network Security certification desirable
- Experience in large/complex Firewall and IDP/IPS environments
- Exposure to some of the following: Load Balancers, Remote Access, VPN’s, NTP, DNS, Email Gateways, ACS
- Experience with engineering and testing network components
- Must have knowledge/experience with routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP)
- Must have proficiency with networking protocols (IP/SNA)
- Must have proficiency with IPSEC and IKE protocols
- Good planning, organization, presentation and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain close attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail and customer service oriented
Environment, Physical & Other Requirements:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
No relocation and No sponsorship available with this opportunity
Convergys is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
USA, Jacksonville, FL
How to Apply
119 total views, 1 today